Friday 13 June 2014

I want to live with my parents forever because my passion does not bring the money for independence while mother chases away the beatniks because my lifestyle does not bring distinguishable satisfaction

I want to sleep on the floor of a ramshackle drug house, the rats biting my toes to wake me up and lice tap dancing in the forests of my head – a morning fix to add to the joy of working or living or bleeding as the pen quivers at the sight of my magical fingers

I want to curl up into a depressed ball of self loathing after reading rejection letters as my ex-sanguinated soul was not valuable or tainted enough to make money at the big summer sale

I want to be a burden for every friend I’ve ever made my drunken shenanigans remuneration for the never ending pile of favours that empties every wallet and coils around every mind like the shrewd boa of Eden

I want to contemplate suicide in the heartbroken shoes of eternal doomed romantics because my genius is left undiscovered for future generations to find and only then praise in my afterlife

I want to be the saintly nomad of the world – leaving pieces of his angelic heart in every village, fragments of his intellectual brain in every town and his dharma soul scattered throughout the rock

I want to embrace the radiantly malignant bosoms of life – losing myself in the love-struck snatches of the Aphrodite harpies, losing myself in the void of deliberate hallucinations, losing myself in the starry abyss of indie, psychedelic jazz and blues

I want to die too soon by the hand of god or my contradicting hand – my legacy is my life and its infinite struggles that enhance the eventual victories. Tears, blood and madness left behind for the miserable sheep that choose to follow and get high on tea and drunk in nightclubs and copulate ecstatically and write through tearful eyes then die at 27 and I am forgotten and they are reborn

I want to revolutionize the world with my essence – my artistic words to resurrect my heroic saviors and guarantee the sweet release of immortality.

- Gilroy Van Wyk
South African Mechanical-engineer-to-be-turned-wordsmith seeking self-enlightenment by embracing life, many religions, and every bit of knowledge this wonderful world has to offer.

Read Gilroy's 'Era of a Ruined Gods' in HASH E-zine Issue 04 here.





0 comments :

Post a Comment