Thursday 28 March 2013

"I'm an artist. It’s like I’m a prisoner in my work. My art pieces are like my confessions. Only them and I know about what goes on in my mind. And they keep my secrets."

Farah Hegazy is currently a student at the American University of Cairo, Egypt. According to her, "People today don’t know what real art is supposed to be like because they are distracted by all kinds of technology and everything else around them. They’ve reached the point where they forgot what it’s like to actually stare at a piece of art or listen to a piece of music and feel what the artist is feeling. Anything today is described as art, unlike years ago where specific things were classified as art, and not anyone can be called an artist. People should go on missions to change that idea because who knows what the world is going to be like later on?"

Powerful stuff, but do you agree?

Blow yourself away by more of her talent at www.farahhegazy1.deviantart.com




0 comments :

Post a Comment